Publishers Paradox Interactive announced yesterday a new expansion pack for the Xbox One version of their popular city building simulator, Cities: Skylines.
This latest addition to the game is simply titled Natural Disasters. No prizes for guessing what it brings to the game! Disasters can occur randomly or if you’re that type of person you are able to manually trigger them yourself to wreak havoc down upon your citizens.
Also added are three new radio stations with a set of relaxing city-building tunes. Owners of the Natural Disasters expansion pack will also hear early disaster alert warnings on the radio.
Natural Disasters includes the following features:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Meteor strikes, forest fires, tsunamis, earthquakes, and more will destroy districts and devastate estates
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations
- This is Not a Test (but it is just a game): New radio systems put the station in devastation with disaster warnings and three free radio stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: A series of pre-made scenarios challenge players with various objectives and conditions
- Chirpocalypse Now: Sweet new hats for Chirper, man
If you’re yet to be convinced that Cities: Skylines is the game for you, check out this official trailer, it may help make up your mind.