Local and online multiplayer smash-em-up Brawlout will be making its way onto Xbox One later in August.
Come August 21st well known characters from Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee and Yooka-Laylee will be joined by upcoming roguevania action-platformer Dead Cells’ own headless protagonist. In a shameless plug for Xbox Sector, I’ll just mention here that we’ll have a review of Dead Cells early next week. Sneak preview: it’s looking pretty good!
You can pre-order Brawlout over at the Xbox Store along with a deluxe edition upgrade giving access to the Mighty Paco and Mascot Feathers additional skins.
“Brawlout packs a punch with couch and online play modes that feature quick matches over slow-paced, defensive battles. Brawlout goes all-out with lightning-fast aerobatics famously found in classic platform fighters. With wavedashing, a free-form combat system, and a chargeable ‘Rage Meter’ at the player’s disposal, each battle will be a combo-bonanza!
From grappling to long range weapon options, there is a character for all fighting game aficionados. Whether players are looking for a casual couch experience with friends, or to challenge pros in worldwide online tournaments, Brawlout caters to anyone looking to create a little chaos. For those wanting to take part in the mayhem from a safe distance, Brawlout TV is available for spectators to watch ongoing matches.
- Choose from six combatants (each with variants that change up their look, moves, and playstyle) in addition to guests from indie hits Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee!, Yooka-Laylee, and Dead Cells
- Host up to 4 players in online and local battles
- Choose from a number of battle modes including Timed, Stock, or Team Matches
- Fuel your Rage Meter to power up for hard-hitting Special Attacks and unleash your Rage Mode
- Action is kept fast and fluid with mid-air techniques like air dodging
- + tons more”