In response to player feedback, Microsoft will be rolling out Discord integration over the next few weeks. Players will be able to link their Discord accounts via the Xbox Settings Menu along with the rest of their favourite social networks. Once linked other players will be able to see your gaming status in Discord.
A little canary told me that select Xbox Insiders might soon see a way to connect Discord to their Xbox account… but you didn’t hear it from THIS LOUD BIRD 🦅EEEAAAGLE #DiscordXbox pic.twitter.com/wXvrdWkwOn
— Discord (@discordapp) April 24, 2018
If you are an Xbox Insider you will see the new link in preview. The feature will roll out to the rest of the community “soon” according to Microsoft. Here is how you can set up Discord with your Xbox Live account.
From Xbox One
- Open the Account Settings menu on Xbox One, and select “Linked social accounts.”
- Select the new Discord option and select “link”
- Once you receive your unique code from Xbox, open the Discord app and insert the code into the Connections tab.
From the Discord app on PC or on a mobile device, in the coming weeks, you will see an option to link your Xbox account to your Discord account.
- Open the Connections tab under User Settings.
- Click on the Xbox Live option and sign in to your account.
- After enabling permission, your accounts will be linked.
Once you have linked your Xbox account to your Discord account you will be able to share that you are online and what you are playing.